Data protection specifications
1. Scope and Applicability
The Hotel Damülser Hof - Wellness und Spa e.U., Heribert Adalbert Klauser Einzelunternehmen, Hausnummer 147 in A-6884 Damüls (hereinafter referred to as the “company”) owns and operates this website (the "website").
2. Data the company collects from the user
In the process of the user's usage of the website, the company collects certain data from the user and uses such data for different purposes. The type of data collected by the company and the company's usage of such data depend on the data in question. In that regard, this data privacy statement differentiates between the following categories of data (all as described in this data privacy statement; see below for more information on which data is collected and how such data is used):
- anonymous data
- log data
- personal data
2.2 Anonymous data
Anonymous data collected by the company includes the following ("anonymous data"):
- the browser type and version
- general information regarding the operating system
- the current date and time
2.3 Log data
Each time the website is accessed (including each time a file is downloaded from the website), data relating to such access by the user is saved in a log file (the "log data"). The log data includes in particular:
- site from which the accessed file was requested by the User
- name of the file requested
- date and time of the request
- amount of data transferred
- status of the access (e.g. file transferred, file not found, etc.)
- IP-address data
2.4 Personal data
The company collects personal data of the user, i.e. information that permits the company to identify the user.
At touchpoints throughout your guest journey, we collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number or other payment data
- Financial information in limited circumstances
- Language preference
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data
- Important dates, such as birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions
- Employer details
- Travel itinerary, tour group or activity data
- Prior guest stays or interactions, goods and services purchased, special service and amenity requests
- Social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available, or data made available by linking your social media and loyalty accounts
In more limited circumstances, we also may collect:
- Data about family members and companions, such as names and ages of children
- Biometric data, such as digital images
- Images and video and audio data via: security cameras located in public areas, such as hallways and the lobby, in our property
- Guest preferences and personalized data (“Personal Preferences”), such as your interests, activities, hobbies, food and beverage choices, services and amenities of which you advise us or which we learn about during your visit
- If you submit any Personal Data about other people to us or our Service Providers (e.g., if you make a reservation for another individual), you represent that you have the authority to do so and you permit us to use the data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
3. Usage of the collected data by the company
3.1 Anonymous data
The anonymous data is used to anonymously analyze the usage of the website and for related anonymous statistical purposes only.
3.2. Log data
Log data is used exclusively for the operation of the website. The usage of log data as anonymous data according to this data privacy statement, however, remains reserved.
3.3. Personal data
The company uses the personal data for the following purposes:
- to get in touch with the user due to and based on the user's request.
- customization of the website and its products (including the selection of advertisements displayed to the user on the website and elsewhere), all according to the interests and preferences of the user.
- general improvement of the products and services of the company.
- the company may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which the company thinks the user may find interesting based on its usage of the website using the email address and other contact data which the user has provided.
- from time to time, the company may also use the Personal Data to contact the user for customer satisfaction surveys.
- internal record keeping.
The company will only use the personal data in accordance with this data privacy statement. However, the company reserves the right to use the personal data for other purposes, provided such usage for other purposes is mandated or permitted by applicable law.
If the user does not want the personal data to be used for marketing purposes by the company, the user may notify the company accordingly at any time, and the company will then stop using the personal data for such purposes.
4. Control of personal data
The User has the right to request information about what Personal Data the Company has saved in relation to such User. The User may also request that such Personal Data is corrected or deleted and the User may at any point opt out of the Company using Personal Data for the purposes outlined in this Data privacy statement.
Such requests shall be addressed to: email@example.com
5. Analytics Software
The website uses analytics software. Currently, the website uses one main web analytics services:
5.1.1. Google Analytics
The information generated by the cookie about the users use of the website (including the IP address of the user) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA.
Google will use this information on behalf of the company for the purpose of evaluating the users' use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for the company and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the company.
The company shall be free to change the analytics software it uses at any time. Such changes will be reflected in this data privacy statement at such time.
5.2. Google Analytics Browser Opt-out
Additional information about the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on can be obtained. Deactivation of Google Analytics
6. Content and Services of other Providers
The website may utilize content of third party providers, such as graphics of other websites. This implicates that the third party providers of such content may recognize the IP address of the user, as the IP address is required for the transmission of the related data to the browser of the user.
The company uses its best efforts to make sure that only such services of third party providers are used, which only use the IP address of the user in order to effect the presentation of such content. However, the company cannot prevent that the third party provider uses the IP address for different purposes.
7. Links to other websites
The website may contain links to other websites of interest. This data privacy statement only applies to the website, but not to such linked websites owned and/or operated by third parties. Once the user has used these links to leave the website, the company does not have any control over that other website. Even though the company uses its best efforts to make sure that such websites meet only highest standards, the company shall not be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which the user provides whilst visiting such sites. The user should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. Data storage
The company will store the personal data on a server located in Austria.
9.1 What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. Cookies are mainly divided into two types:
These cookies contain data to guarantee the functionality of the website and to provide the requested services such as navigation or login action. Without these cookies some parts of the website are not working properly.
These cookies are used to track the navigation of the user over the internet and to create a profile of his interests, habits and choices. Cookies like these can be used to display advertisements or products based on the users profile.
9.3 How can you prevent the storage of cookies?
By changing your browser settings, you can deactivate or delete cookies. The deactivation of cookies can lead to an improper way of functioning of some web sites.
Here is how you find the appropriate browser settings:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click on Extras followed by a click on Internet Options.
3. Click on the tab Privacy.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click on the menu icon and choose Preferences.
3. Open the tab Privacy.
4. Next to "Firefox will:" choose "Use custom settings for history".
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the menu icon and choose Settings.
3. Click on "Show advanced settings...".
4. In the section "Privacy" click on "Content settings".
Furthermore the web site www.youronlinechoices.eu of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance offers the possibility to disable non-technical cookies of third party services.
9.4 Google Analytics cookies
9.4.1 Google Analytics cookies
As stated above, the Company collects standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns by using Google Analytics cookies. The company does this to improve the website. This information does not comprise any personal data. Data used for analytics purposes may however be associated with personal data gathered from this website or otherwise. More information about Google Analytics cookies.
10. Facebook Social Plugins
This website uses social plugins („Plugins“) of the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (”Facebook”). The plugins are either marked with a Facebook logo or the notation „Facebook Social Plugin“. If you call up a site of our Internet presence, which contains such a plugin, your browser automatically establishes a connection to the servers of Facebook. The content of the plugin is being transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser, which integrates it into the website. Due to this integration of the plugin, Facebook receives the information that you have called up the respective site of our Internet presence. If you are logged in at Facebook, Facebook is able to attribute the visit to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, f.e. by pushing the „Like“ button or making a comment, the respective information of your browser is directly transmitted to Facebook, where it’s also saved. The purpose and extent of the data collection and the further processing and usage of the data by Facebook as well as your rights and privacy settings concerning this matter can be checked at the data protection regulations of Facebook. If you don’t want Facebook to collect your data whilst browsing through our website, you have to log out at Facebook before visiting our website.
11. Use of YouTube-Plugins
Our website uses plugins from the Google-powered YouTube page. Site operator is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When you visit one of our YouTube plug-in-enabled sites, you will be connected to the servers of YouTube. The YouTube server will be informed which of our pages you visited.
If you're logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
12. Use of Instagram-Plugins
13. Use of MailChimp Plugins
Our website uses plugins from Rocket Science Group's MailChimp site to send our newsletter. Operator of the pages is MailChimp, 675 Ponce de Leon Avenue NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308 USA. If you provide us with your data in order to register for our newsletter, these will be stored by MailChimp on a protected server in the USA, but will not be further processed or passed on to third parties.
14. Security and Confidentiality
The company takes appropriate measures to safeguard the user's personal data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure. Such measures include the usage of networks which are secured by firewalls and passwords in line with industry standards.
As an Austrian business, the company is subject to Austrian data protection law and is as such obligated to safeguard the data of the users.
15. Contact details
In case of questions relating to the company's usage of your personal data, you may contact the company by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org